VEGAN NUT BUTTER BANANA BREAD
I make banana bread all the time. It's delicious, versatile, we pretty much always have the ingredients in, but also (mainly) because I have a boyfriend who eats A LOT and banana bread sets us up for snacks for at least a few days.
I like to have a play with different recipes each time I make it - to varying degrees of success. Sometimes I'll make a 'carrot cake' version, sometimes I'll add berries or marble it with cocoa, or add sometimes chocolate chips.
For this version I adapted (and improved) an old recipe of my own. I have always loved a PB-banana smoothie, and this is that, just in cake form. Win.
I hope you enjoy it just as much as we do. Be sure to let me know if you give it a go. I'd love to hear what you think.
60g nut butter (I used a mix of peanut butter and almond butter)
45ml honey (3 tbsp)
30g ground flax seeds
3 medium sized bananas,
2 tsp vanilla extract
60ml almond milk (1/4 cup)
200g flour (i used 100g spelt and 100g plain)
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp bicarbonate soda
1. Pre heat the oven to 180 and line/grease a loaf tin.
2. In a small bowl or mug and mix the ground flax seeds with 1/4 cup (60ml) of water and set aside.
3. Meanwhile peel and mash the bananas.
4. Once the flax and water have combined to create a thick consistency add to a mixing bowl along with the mashed bananas, nut butter, vanilla, honey, salt and almond milk. Mix well.
5. Add the flour, baking powder and bicarb to the mixture, gently stirring until combined.
6. Pour the mix into the loaf tin, and pop into the oven for 35-45 minutes (until a knife comes out clean).
7. Once cooke remove from oven. Allow to cool before slicing.